2020 HEALTH PLAN OPEN ENROLLMENT NOTICE,
DOCUMENTS AND PLAN RATES
OPEN ENROLLMENT - WHAT’S NEW THIS YEAR?
Open Enrollment Checklist – Please use this tool as you navigate through open enrollment this year.
Open Enrollment Dates for January 1, 2020 Effective Date of Coverage
- October 21, 2019 through midnight November 1, 2019 via online benefits portal (see information under FBMC and Open Enrollment)
**Enrollment is not mandatory unless you are making plan changes or adding dependents. However, we strongly encourage all employees to access the FBMC enrollment site to confirm current benefits, and review/update beneficiary information if necessary. If you choose to take no action, your current benefits will roll over to the new plan year.
NEW This Year – Life Insurance Change
- Unum Basic and Supplemental Life Insurance will be replaced by a new provider, The Standard Insurance.
- Open Enrollment period will allow employees to add new supplemental life insurance or increase existing levels at guaranteed issue – no medical underwriting required.
- The plan design will not change, but we are pleased to offer an additional benefit – Dependent Supplemental Life options.
Benefits included in Open Enrollment
- Health Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Supplemental Life Insurance - NEW Provider and NEW options for dependent coverage!
- Short and Long Term Disability, Cancer Insurance & Medi-gap Insurance through Custom Benefits
- Flexible Spending Account through Custom Benefits
A representative from Florida Blue will be on campus to discuss the 2020 health insurance plan information and answer employee questions:
- Date/Time/Location: Tuesday, October 28, 2019 from 3:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in Building 40, Room 101 (video conferencing will be offered for other campus locations)
Representatives on Campus
- Custom Benefits (Enrollment for: Flexible Spending Account, Short/Long Term Disability, Cancer Plan, Medical GAP Plan, also available to answer dental/vision questions):
- Ocala Campus - October 23rd and 24th 9 – 3:30pm, Bldg 1, Conference Room 105
- Citrus Campus - October 23rd from 10:00am – 1:00pm, Bldg C4, Room 105
Computer Lab Sessions
Office of Professional Development, Building 3, Room 117D:
- Wednesday, October 23rd from 10 a.m. – 12 p.m.
- Wednesday, October 30th from 2 p.m. – 4 p.m.
Please RSVP to Jenny Klepfer at email@example.com or ext. 1291
FBMC and Open Enrollment
Open enrollment for Health/Life/Dental/Vision will take place via an online self-service website managed by FMBC. Employees must access the enrollment website during the open enrollment period to:
- Add/change benefits; OR
- Confirm existing benefits
Online Enrollment Instructions
- Health Insurance: Like last year, CF will offer two health insurance plans that are compliant under the Affordable Healthcare Act. Health plan rates for 2020 have increased approximately 5.53%.
- PPO Blue Options Plan 03769
- PPO Blue Options Plan 05190/1 (HSA)
- Restrictions of the H.S.A. – employees who enroll in the H.S.A. cannot be enrolled in another insurance plan. This includes:
- Medicare, Medicaid or Other health insurance (example: TRICARE)
- Cannot have access to a Flexible Spending Account –OR- a Health Reimbursement Account (HRA)
- “Access” refers to your own FSA or HRA account, or any other account that you would be considered as a dependent (example: a spouse’s FSA or HRA account through another employer).
- Health Account Comparison
- HSA Informational Video
- Please Note: New or existing H.S.A. health plan members wishing to contribute additional funds to your H.S.A. account via payroll deduction must complete a new election form HSA Payroll Deduction
Located in the links below, you will find a side by side comparison of the two plans offered this year and premium rate information – Blue Option Plan PPO 03769 and PPO 05190 (HSA).
TELEDOC: Like last year, CF is offering TELEDOC, a new service that provides access to a network of U.S. board-certified physicians who can resolve many medical issues via phone or online video consultations. It’s quality healthcare, when and where you need it, at a price you can afford ($10 copay for PPO 03769 and no more than $42 copay for H.S.A. members).
- Vision and Dental Coverage: There are no plan design changes for 2020. There is a slight premium increase for both Dental (low and high) and Vision (VSP and EyeMed) for 2020.
Located in the links below, you will find the rate sheet and plan information for the vision plan options and dental plan options.
Click HERE for a list of Providers for each plan (VSP Vision, EyeMed Access Vision Plan, or Ameritas Dental)
Dependent Verification Requirements
If you elect to add new dependents to insurance during this open enrollment (health, dental, vision), you will be required to provide documentation showing that they meet eligibility requirements. To verify your dependents, you must submit the required documentation as defined in the Dependent Verification Documentation Chart along with the signed Certificate of Dependent Eligibility Attestation. Required documentation must be received in Human Resources by the close of business, November 1, 2019, for the January 1, 2020 effective date of coverage. Your enrollment elections, including the dependents added, are subject to review and/or modification based on the dependent documentation you supply. Please contact Jenny Klepfer (firstname.lastname@example.org or ext. 1291) if you have questions. Please note: this requirement is only for newly added dependents taking effect January 1, 2020. If you have already submitted documents on current dependents to Human Resources, you do not need to do it again.
Dependent Verification Documentation Chart
Certificate of Dependent Eligibility Attestation
Supplemental Life Insurance Requirements
As a result of transitioning to a new provider, The Standard Insurance, all full time employees are eligible to add supplemental life insurance coverage or increase the amount of your existing coverage without completing an Evidence Of Insurability form (EOI). For the open enrollment period of October 21-November 1, requests for coverage will be guaranteed issue – no medical underwriting required. Any requests for coverage of $200,000 or more will still require the completion of the Evidence Of Insurability form and your enrollment will pend until the form is received in Human Resources. Please contact Jenny Klepfer (email@example.com or ext. 1291) if you have questions.
You may find more affordable health care coverage for your spouse and eligible dependents through the marketplace by going to http://www.HealthCare.gov. Rates are customized to each individual based upon your personal household situation, such as annual household income, age of those covered, and tax filing status. The Marketplace can help you evaluate your coverage options, including your eligibility for coverage through the Marketplace, and its cost. Please visit the 2020 Health Insurance Plan and Price Estimator for more information, including an online application for health insurance coverage and contact information for a Health Insurance Marketplace in your area. The document below provides important information pertaining to the College that you may need when completing an application in the Marketplace.
Affordable Health Care Exchange Notice
Reminder of Pharmacy Network Change: Elimination of CVS/TARGET: To help lower costs and save you money, we changed our pharmacy network as of 01/01/2019. Your network pharmacy now features Walgreens. Walgreens has lower prices on many prescriptions. That means you’ll often pay less when you have a deductible to meet. Or if the drug costs more than your copay, you’ll pay the lower price. This is a friendly reminder that CVS-owned pharmacies are not in your pharmacy network. But don’t worry. You’ll still have many pharmacy choices. In addition to Walgreens, you can choose from Publix, Winn-Dixie, Walmart, and many smaller retailers and independent pharmacies. To ensure your prescriptions are covered, please ensure you move them to an in-network pharmacy.
PLAN OVERVIEWS - 2020 PLAN YEAR
Notification of Plan & Rate Changes
Plan 03769 Summary of Benefits and Coverage
Plan 05191 & Plan 05190 (HSA-High Deductible) Summary of Benefits and Coverage
- Plan Overview Presentation
- HSA Plan Information
DV (Dental/Vision) - This plan is only available to current employees who do not elect a health insurance plan (not available to retirees or dependents)
Plans and Rates
Additional Benefit Offerings
Flexible Spending Account 2020 Open Enrollment:
Like last year, the FSA account enrollment period and benefits plan year will coincide with the college’s other benefit offerings (health, dental, life, etc.). The plan year will run from Jan. 1, 2020 - Dec. 31, 2020.
- Please visit CF’s page to learn more about the Flexible Benefits Plan and enrollment instructions: Flexible Spending Account - 2020 Open Enrollment
- Please note: Employees who enroll in the FSA will not be eligible to enroll in the Health Savings Account (H.S.A.) health plan per H.S.A. guidelines.
Domestic Partnership Provisions
Annual Notice of Creditable Coverage